Did you get to enjoy the ‘80s gala last night? Everyone went all out with their outfits, the auction was amazing, and the dining hall was full of great ’80s memories. I’m sure more postings to social media will be coming.
A big cheer and hugs for all moms on their day!
The Upper School Leadership Team has enjoyed our community gatherings, supporting our kids, and keeping you informed this year. Take in the last few weeks with all the celebrations and have a great summer.
- PACA sponsored spring yard games out for US – Mon 4/29 – Thu 5/30
- AP Exams Mon 5/6 – Fri 5/17 *kids know the schedule, dress code, no hoodies. Students must attend class the afternoon before a morning test, but may take the morning off before an afternoon test.
- Class Representatives Speeches/Elections – Wed 5/15 & Thu 5/16
- Junior Physics Trip to Kings Island – Mon 5/20
- Computer Science Fair – Wed 5/22 2p Dining Hall – students/faculty only
- MOSAIC last meeting – Wed 5/22, 6-7p Dining Hall
- Senior Project Videos due – Thu 5/23
- US Exam Review – Thu 5/23 & Fri 5/24
- Honors Assembly – Fri 5/24 930a Mack Gym
- Senior Family Reception – Fri 5/24 following assembly Dining Hall *Advisor/K-Buddy/Video presentations – all senior parents encouraged to attend this celebration
- NO SCHOOL – Memorial Day – Mon 5/27
- Final Exams (English and Social Studies have projects)
- Tue 5/28 10a Science
- Wed 5/29 10a World Language
- Thu 5/30 10a Math
- Fri 5/31 Make Ups
- Senior Project Independent Study Presentations Tue 5/28 – Thu 5/30
- PACA sponsored exam sweets for US – Tue 5/28 and Thu 5/30
- LS Carnival Fri 5/31
- 8th Grade Closing Fri 5/31
- Surprise Senior All Day Party – Mon 6/3 1230-11p – meet at school for bus *see invite to students and information to parents – send in check and permission slip
- College Counseling Field Trip – rising 11th & 12th graders – Denison & OSU Tours – Tue 6/4 8:15a Bus Circle – advanced sign up required
- Commencement Rehearsal – Wed 6/5 10a Senior Quad
- Commencement – Thu 6/6 9a Senior Quad – Mack Gym if rain, Reception following in Lazarus Courtyard – Dining Hall if rain
- Final Grades – Wed 6/12 12p My Backpack
Senior Family Reception – Fri 5/24 Dining Hall – following Honors Assembly at 9:30 in Mack Gym, RSVP to the email invitation sent to you from Melissa Soderberg. This is a great event for all families to hear from the students’ advisors, be entertained by the K-Buddies, and see the video made to celebrate all the members of our senior class.
Surprise Senior Party – Mon 6/3, 1230-11p Surprise Venues – all students meet at drop off loop to catch the buses for the day’s events – invite went out to kids and information went out to parents asking for payment and permission slip for this all day celebration planned and supported by PACA Parents. It’s a great day planned for all.
Commencement/Attire – Thu 6/6 9a – Senior Quad – Seats for 6 people from each family may be held up front starting at 7am but there are always plenty of extra seats further back – there are no bad seats in the senior quad. A reception follows. For rain it will be moved to the gym/dining hall. Attire for this event: typically and required – women wear long white/cream dresses and men dark suits with white shirts only, tie, and dark socks and shoes. Avoid narrow heels walking in the grass. Any questions on attire go to Cory Izokaitis.
Graduation Parties Calendar – check dates and times on the google calendar through Marah Derzon, senior parent, as you plan to allow students to make it to as many of the celebrations as possible. Generally all students are invited to all fellow grad parties with some posting on social media. Parents may get personalized invitations for certain seniors or family friends.
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions prior to the end of the year.