US Families, in this update you’ll find:
- Important Calendar Highlights
- The kick off of Parent Education,
- Dates and volunteer sign-up for the Book Fair
- A call for bakers and Sweet Celebration helpers,
- A reminder about Viking Corner for your holiday shopping!
- Information about Sage Dining Services and Upper School Students
- A request from your current PACA Co-Presidents-elect
We appreciate everyone’s contributions to help 34 families in need!
CALENDAR HIGHLIGHTS for the next two weeks:
- College Counseling Junior Parent Night – Mon 11/12 7pm Theater
- Student Assembly/Celebration of Leadership – Kimbal Musk – Tue 11/13
- MS/US Orchestra Concert – Wed 11/14 7pm Theater
- MOSAIC meeting – Thu 11/15 6pm Dining Hall
- MS/US Band Concert – Thu 11/15 7pm Theater
- 11th Grade Parent Coffee – Mon 11/19 8am Jane Yakam’s home
- Senior Trip (3/12-3/14) Destination Announcement – Tue 11/20
- Thanksgiving Break – Wed 11/21 – Sun 11/25
- 12th Grade Parent Coffee – Tue 11/27 9a Marah Derzon’s home
- Parent Education Series/Dinner – “Belonging” – Wed 11/28 6p Dining Hall – more below
- Book Fair – Mon 12/3 – Fri 12/7 – more below
- PACA Parent Forum – Wed 12/5 8am Dining Hall
- Sweet Celebration – cookies & treats for faculty & staff – Fri 12/7 – more below
- Jazz Concert – Fri 12/7 7p
- PSAT scores on line – Wed 12/12 – 10th and 11th graders
- Empty Bowls service project for Habitat Westerville Fri 12/14 5-7p Otterbein
- US Exams – Fri 12/14 – Wed 12/19
- Alumni Holiday Luncheon – Fri 12/21 1130a CAC – Seniors invited
PARENT EDUCATION PROGRAM
Kick Off Program – Wednesday, November 28
The theme of the Parent Education Series for 2018-2019 is “Belonging” and it is starting with a fantastic guest speaker who can help frame the topic, understand why it’s relevant to relationships and help us learn applicable tools to start this journey.
Who: Dr. C. Lynn Nakamura
What: Buffet Dinner and Speaker Program
Where: Dining Hall
When: Starts at 6:30 for mingling, drinks, apps and getting plates.
Presentation starts at 7pm and should be done by 9pm.
Why: To give us context, tools, and traction in working on our theme of Belonging.
Cost: Free, includes child care.
RSVP’S are required by Monday, Nov 26th to Kdvaziri@aol.com. Please include number of children and their ages you would like for child care.
For more information on Dr. Nakamura and the Parent Education series, please visit the Parent Education Page on the PACA Website.
A way to support the school while advancing the love of reading in your home!
This years Scholastic Book Fair will be held December 3rd – 7th from 8:00-4:00 in the Huntington Room in the Dining Hall.
Feel free to join your student during their browsing time, order the books online or return to purchase new books for your home library. 50% of all money you spend goes back to our classrooms and libraries.
If you cannot make it to the book fair you can order online November 28th – December 11th by going to http://www.scholastic.com/
Volunteers needed too! If you would like to volunteer at this years book fair sign up at https://www.signupgenius.
Bust out your favorite recipes
December 6 – 7th
Our teachers really really love sweets! All kinds. Every kind!
Once again, we are asking everyone to bake or bring in homemade/bakery cookies, candies or any sweet grab-and-go treat (NUT FREE PLEASE) for our Annual Sweet Celebration. The teachers and staff will get to assemble a box to take home. You can drop-off your goodies to volunteers posted at the athletic entrance or middle school carpool during drop off on December 6th and 7th.
Interested in decorating, assembling, arranging or baking? Click here: https://www.signupgenius.com/
WAIT! No time to bake or get to the store? NO WORRIES – we have you covered!
Donate here http://www.vikingcorner.org/
us/sweet-celebration.html and we will purchase cookies for you from several local bakers.
Please contact us with questions!
VIKING CORNER FOR THE HOLIDAYS
And as you prepare for the holidays… don’t forget a great place to shop is Viking Corner!
For your favorite viking student, faculty, staff or parent/guardian!
Viking Corner has sales every Wednesday until winter break.
Also there will be a Saturday Sale announced – (20% discounts for paying with cash this day)
Gift Cards Available
Or shop online 24/7 at www.vikingcorner.org
Lunchtime Dining Options
Some parents had questions about the dining choices and timing of lunch. Lunch for the US is typically 12:55-1:20pm. Students with free 4th or 5th blocks on either side of the lunch period may have a little extra time. Sage prepares the food on campus and has many stations and options which change daily. You can see the daily menu including allergens, food preferences, and healthy ranks (green/yellow/red) posted at each item on this link: http://www.sagedining.com/
There is also an app called Touch of Sage for on-the-go information.
PACA Positions for 2019-2020
The Presidents-Elect of PACA are already looking for helpers for next year. If you know there is something you are interested in doing, now’s a good time to tag along on a committee or volunteer to assist this year. Let Greg Gorospe or Melissa Kass know if you would like a position for next year. Here is a link to the positions and their descriptions:
Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!
Amy and Christine