Everyone had a great two weeks to recharge and to think of a good April Fools’ Day prank for today. All Day for CA is this week – look for information from your class parents on class challenges and take advantage of this time to celebrate and support our school.
And now, here are your updates.
CALENDAR HIGHLIGHTS –
for the next two weeks:
- Photos due for senior video – Mon 4/1 *see below
- All Day 4 CA – Thu 4/4 10a – Fri 4/5 11a *see below and
- Spirit Wear Day – Thu 4/4 – all school – go all out 4 CA *see below
- True Beauty Fashion Show – Sat 4/6 8-11p Ballet Met *see below
- SAT at School – Juniors – Tue 4/9 8am
- Neighbors in Need – Sophomores – Tue 4/9 8a-230p YMCA – Ethics course role play simulation for 10th graders
*non-10th grade parents needed to volunteer all day as a person in the “community” created for the activity – training at 7:45a that day at the Y before the event starts – contact Tim Leet if interested
- US Musical RENT – Thu 4/11 7p, Fri 4/12 & Sat 4/13 730p Schoedinger Theater – get your tickets on line
- Senior Parent Party – Sat 4/13 530p Bowman’s
- College Counseling meetings for 10th grade families – Mon 4/15 times to schedule – a brief meeting with student/parent/guardian to look at schedules and general plan for college readiness
- Senior Parent Coffee with Cory Izokaitis – Thu 4/18 8am Dining Hall – review senior projects and other end-of-year events
- Parent SEED Meeting – Wed 4/24 8am Huntington Room – Stacy Nockowitz speaking on “Diverse Books” – pick from a selection in the Admin Building
- Senior Art Show Opening – Wed 4/24 630-8p – Morris Hall Art Gallery
- Cabaret – Senior Choir showcase – Fri 4/26 730p Dining Hall
- Seniors Last Day – Fri 5/3
- Registration deadline for 6/1/19 SAT/Subject Tests – Fri 5/3 College Board
- Registration deadline for 6/8 ACT – Fri 5/3
- Prom – Sat 5/4 8p location TBA – all grades invited – invitation by mail
- 10th Grade Parent Party – Sat 5/4 after photos and send off – more info to come
- AP Exams Mon 5/6 – Fri 5/17
- PACA Spring Gala – The Iconic 80’s theme – Sat 5/11 7-11p Dining Hall – PACA’s major fund raiser and great community celebration – tickets available at Viking Corner site in past
- Final Exams Tue 5/28 – Thu 5/30
All Day 4 CA is back – April 4-5
Get ready for All Day 4 CA, Academy’s 25-hour online giving event benefiting the Annual Fund: April 4 at 10:00a.m. to April 5 at 11:00a.m. Matching funds will kickstart the day and double the impact of each dollar donated. You can be All In for: CA (unrestricted), Arts, Athletics, Curricular Innovation, Faculty or Financial Aid.
This is more than just a day of giving—it’s a day of celebrating our amazing school! Text, post, tweet or email grandparents, friends and family to share why CA is important to you and ask them to join, #AllDay4CA.
Watch your inbox for more details about how to join in this incredible day of Viking spirit and support!
Spirit Wear Day – April 4
April 4 will be a special spirit wear day in celebration of All Day 4 CA. All students, faculty, staff and families are encouraged to join in the fun of going “all in” with spirit wear on top, bottom and even accessories like scarves, hats, socks, temporary tattoos, etc. Maroon or gray items may be worn in lieu of CA logo apparel as long as there isn’t another logo on them. There are offerings in the school closet that families can have as well. No jeans or yoga pants. Have fun with it—the more spirit the better!
True Beauty Fashion Show – Saturday 4/6
Please plan to attend the True Beauty Fashion Show this weekend which benefits the Center for Balanced Living, the only comprehensive non-profit eating disorder clinic in Ohio.
Many of you may have a son or daughter who will be strutting down the runway on Saturday night – you DO NOT want to miss it, so PLEASE get your tickets now! https://one.bidpal.net/truebeauty2019/ticketing
There are also fabulous auction items to bid on, like:
TWO tickets to see Arianna Grande on July 1st in Nationwide Arena
Portrait Package courtesy of Simon Yao Photography which includes a photo session AND a 30 x 40 standout portrait! (No time like the present to start thinking about Senior Pictures or your Holiday Card.)
THREE Class Package at the Pilates Studio of Bexley/Upper Arlington
ONE ROUND of golf at the The Golf Club
and drum roll, please… A ONE WEEK stay in a stunning 4 bedroom, 4.5 bath villa on the Guanacaste Peninsula in Costa Rica!
*If you are unable to attend the event, you may still bid on these items via the website! Register at https://one.bidpal.net/truebeauty2019/custom/custom1
Senior parents please check out the detailed emails and postings on the website from our senior parents.
- 4/1 upload photos for senior video enjoyed by all at the honors reception
- 4/18 8a Senior Parent Coffee with Cory Izokaitis
- 4/24 630p Senior Art Show opening
- 5/3 *2p Final Bell/Last Day of School – parents are invited to experience this from the balcony on the senior quad
- 5/6-5/28 Senior Projects
- 5/24 930a Honors Assembly and 1030a All Senior Family Reception
- 5/28 & 29 Senior Project presentations – times scheduled
- 6/3 1230p-1130p All Senior All Day Party – surprise tradition thrown by parents – save the date out/more information soon – supported by PACA and fee – covered if needed for all students to attend
- 6/5 10a Commencement Rehearsal
- 6/6 9a Commencement
Senior Video – *PLEASE GATHER AND SEND*
We need a baby/toddler photo along with a current photo for the Senior Video. Please find instructions below. This is really easy! Please make every effort to upload your photos by April 1st.
1 Drag and Drop your files (can do both photos at once) OR Click “Choose Files” and locate them on your computer to upload.
2 It will then prompt you to put in a First and Last Name: Please put FIRST AND LAST NAME of your STUDENT.
3 Enter email for your upload confirmation (no other emails will be sent to you from Dropbox).
4 Hit “Upload”.
5 Once uploaded, the screen will say “Thanks! You’re all done.” It will ask you to create a Dropbox account, you do NOT have to do this.
Service Hours – make sure they are all in – 45h outside/5h inside CA
Commencement Attire – have approved with school
Graduation Parties Calendar – check dates and times as you plan to allow students to make it to all the celebrations – generally all students are invited to all fellow grad parties – parents may get personalized invitations for family friends