Dear Upper School Families,
We are getting closer to a “normal” life! The 50% Hybrid Model begins tomorrow. Please review the details in the September 10th email from Cory Izokaitis.
Remember to complete the required health screen each day your student(s) steps on campus. Click HERE to print off copies of the form.
Key Dates for the Month of September:
- Tuesday, September 15th, 4:30-7pm: Upper School Open House
- Tuesday, September 15th: Volleyball and Field Hockey Senior Night
- Wednesday, September 16th Social Justice Conversation – details below
- Saturday, September 19th: First Flu Clinic – Click Here
- The Week of September 21st: School Pictures
- Wednesday, September 23rd: In School SATs
- Friday, September 25th: Drop/Add Deadline
- Sunday, September 27th: Second Flu Clinic – Click Here
- Monday, September 28th: Fall Holiday – No School
- Wednesday, September 30th, 9-10:30am: FirstSEED meeting via Zoom – See Below for Details
Looking Further Ahead:
- Thursday, October 1st: Virtual Back-to-School Night
- Wednesday, October 7th: Financing College
- Friday, October 9th: Charlie David Dinner (Virtual). If you have a silent auction item to offer, please email charliedavid.paca by September 20th, 2020 with item details and value. Thank you in advance for your generosity and support of our student athletes!
- Wednesday, October 14th: PSAT
- Wednesday, October 21st: Social Justice Conversation, part 2
- Sunday, November 1st: Last Day To Order AP Exams – See Below
- Social Justice Conversation Parent Ed Opportunities: September 16 & October 21:We want to make you aware of an exciting, two part Social Justice series hosted by The New Albany Community Foundation. The first Conversation on Social Justice with Dr. Eddie Glaude, Jr. and moderated by NBC4 anchor, Darlene Hill, will take place next Wednesday, September 16th at 7:00 pm. Access to the virtual room will begin at 6:45. It is FREE & OPEN to the public. You must register to receive your Zoom link by clicking jrs, (614) 554-9238.
- As we work to gain a better understanding of what this year will allow PACA’s Parent Education Committee to offer, we will keep you – our parent community – posted on other events that are open to the public, as well as provide information regarding helpful resources, podcasts, experts, etc…to help our kids navigate and succeed in these unchartered times. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to Melissa Kass (P’21, ’19) melissarkass, Jennifer Salopek (P’24) jcs or Joyce Simson (P’08) jrs with any suggestions or questions.
- Important Advanced Placement (AP) Reminders: As was the case last year, AP Exams are now ordered in the fall, based on classroom registration in College Board’s MYAP
- Students must decide about taking an AP Exam(s) by the November 1, 2019 deadline
- THIS YEAR – Each student is responsible for setting ‘order exam?’ status to No if not planning to take the AP Exam in the spring, in his/her MYAP account (the 2020-21 default is set to Yes). If this status is not changed to No, an exam will be ordered and the student/family account WILL be charged the base exam fee of $95 per exam.
It is possible to request an exam after the final deadline until February 1, 2021, the spring course orders and fall order changes deadline, however a late order fee of $40 per exam will be incurred on top of the AP exam fee. If a student chooses to cancel an exam after November 1 or does not take an exam that was ordered for them, the student will be charged $40 for each exam cancelled. *Have a CA Grade 9-12 child who is not enrolled in an Honors/AP Class but planning to take an AP? Email Mrs.Young at youngj by the November 1, 2019 deadline to request/approve an AP Exam order. Include your child’s name, grade and the title of the exam.
Thanks for taking the time to read this email in its entirety. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay safe!
US Division Parents
Molly Carlin (Jack ’22, Kyle ’22)
Jane Yakam (Grace ’18, Abby ’20, Emma ’22, Nicholas ’24)