1. The Taste of Italy Tour from Berwick Catering is open for online ordering now! Get your delicious family style meal for pick up March 16th between 5-6pm at the US drop off circle and 10% of the proceeds go back to PACA to support all of our activities! Place your order today at Taste of Italy Tour — The Berwick. It is the week before Spring Break and everyone has crazy schedules. The Berwick can prepare your dinner on the 16th (and order extra for the next day!). Also, feel free to share the link and information to anyone! See flyer below! What: The Berwick – Taste of Italy Tour
When: Pickup on 3/16 between 5pm and 6pm in the US Drop off circle
10% of proceeds go back to PACA
2. Monday, March 7, 6:00 to 8:30 pm – Winter Gathering – The Host Committee, on behalf of the Board of Trustees, invites you to a Winter Gathering of Columbus Academy parents and guardians. Please join us for a playful evening of food, games, and the opportunity to create connections within our wonderful community. We have missed seeing everyone and the long Ohio winter encouraged us to plan an in-person event to have some fun, share some food and enjoy one another’s company. We hope to see you there! Fireside in the Dining Hall. VERY Casual Attire. Viking Corner store will be open! Winter Gathering Host Committee: Kamy Bhalla, Tanisha Brown, Beth Fisher, Ching-chu Hu, Karen Jennings, Jonathan Kass, Gaby May, Fran Meyers, Bill Porter, Jennifer Salopek
3. Wednesday, March 9, 8:00 to 9:30am, Fireside Lounge, Dining Hall – PACA Forum Meeting – We will be discussing PACA roles and opportunities to get involved, please come and bring friends! The stronger and more inclusive we make our PACA, the stronger and more inclusive we make our school community. We need you! Also, please let us know if you are interested in participating in a PACA role for Middle School next year, we would love you have you!
4. Thursday, March 10, 8:15 to 9:15am, Fireside Lounge, Dining Hall – United CA –We will be applying a growth mentality and discuss what we’ve learned over these unusual past couple of years, what has changed us for the better, and ideas of how to engage with one another going forward. Specifically, we’ll be pursuing: “Together & Different- How do we find Community in Diversity? How to be Authentic, Intentional & Respectful”.
5. Tuesday, March 15, 6:30 to 7:30pm – Middle School Wellness Discussion facilitated by Dr. Shekyra DeCree, Middle School Counselor. Please join us as Dr. DeCree speaks on and also facilitates an interactive discussion with middle school parents on student social and emotional wellness amid the pandemic and beyond. Fireside Lounge, Dining Hall. RSVP to Teresa from this email if you can join us so we can account for numbers!
6. Friday, March 18 – MS students end of ERB and pre-spring break celebration sponsored by MS PACA, more details to come!
7. April, 4th, 6:30 to 8:00pm – The parent education event on “How to Thoughtfully Guide Kids in the Digital Age”, originally scheduled for this evening has been rescheduled to April 4, in the Fireside Dining Hall. Hosted by PACA, this presentation by Devorah Heitner, Ph.D., will focus on how to thoughtfully guide kids in the digital age. Devorah is the author of “Screenwise: Helping Kids Thrive (and Survive) in Their Digital World” and founder of Raising Digital Natives. Her mission is to cultivate a culture of empathy and social/emotional literacy.
Please register here: columbusacademy.org/screenwiseparentedevent
8. All Day 4 CA, April 20-21! – Vikings, get ready for the return of All Day 4 CA, Academy’s 25-hour online giving event benefiting the Annual Fund. The event will kick off on April 20th at 10:00 a.m. with an “All In” head-to-toe spiritwear day and matching funds that will double the impact of every dollar donated! Watch your inbox for more details about this incredible day of Viking spirit supporting the Arts, Athletics, Curricular Innovation, Faculty and Tuition Assistance for our school.