(US) Bi-Weekly Update 04.14.19
All Day 4 CA went great! Thanks to everyone. If you were able to see the US Musical RENT this weekend you are still singing the songs – an amazing experience with our very talented kids. The theater renovation is beginning today! The sports complex has new walls appearing already. Our spring teams are off to a great start. Many of our students were also featured in and raised money for a great cause last weekend at the True Beauty Fashion Show.
Enjoy your busy spring as we count down…
And now, here are your updates.
CALENDAR HIGHLIGHTS –
for the next two weeks:
- College Counseling Academic Planning Conferences for 10th grade families – Mon 4/15 – Fri 4/19 – Sign up for your time on line if you haven’t already
- Interviews scheduled for summer internship applications – Mon 4/15
- Senior Photos Due for senior video – Wed 4/17 *see below
- Senior Parent Coffee with Cory Izokaitis – Thu 4/18 8am Dining Hall – review senior projects and other end-of-year events
- NO SCHOOL – Professional Development Day – Mon 4/22
- Blood Drive – Mon 4/22 130-7p Gyms *parents are asked/invited to donate – no school and teachers busy – see below to sign up
- Parent SEED Meeting – Wed 4/24 8am Huntington Room – Stacy Nockowitz speaking on “Diverse Books” – pick from a selection in the Admin Building
- Student Government speeches/election – Wed 4/24
- Senior Art Show Opening – Wed 4/24 630-8p – Morris Hall Art Gallery – continues until 5/31
- Seniors Alumni Board Luncheon – Fri 4/26 1230p Creekside Gahanna – mandatory/business attire
- Cabaret – Senior Choir showcase – Fri 4/26 730p Dining Hall
- MOSAIC End of Year Celebration – Sun 4/28 3-5p Dining Hall
- PACA Parent Forum – Wed 5/1 8a Dining Hall
- Celebrate the Arts Director Circle Backstage Pass – Wed 5/1 6p Morris Hall Art Gallery – RSVP, Adults only, $10
- US/MS Orchestra Concert – Wed 5/1 7p Dining Hall
- Senior Parent Lunch – Fri 5/3 12-2p – More info to come
- Seniors Last Day Senior Bell – Fri 5/3 2p Senior Quad – Parents may watch from the balcony – kids wear their college T-shirts
- Registration deadline for 6/1/19 SAT/Subject Tests registration – Fri 5/3 College Board (for students choosing to take them)
- Registration deadline for 6/8 ACT – Fri 5/3 (for students choosing)
- All That Jazz Concert – Fri 5/3 730p Dining Hall
- Sophomore Parent Derby Party – Sat 5/4 730p – Nester Home in Powell – RSVP to Evite – take your prom photos, drop off the kids and come
- Prom – Sat 5/4 8p – The Toy Barn in Dublin – all grades invited – invitation by mail
- 10th Grade Parent Party – Sat 5/4 after photos and send off – more info to come
- AP Exams Mon 5/6 – Fri 5/17
- SEED Meeting – ASHA Ray of Hope – Domestic Violence in South Asian Communities in Cols – Mon 5/6 8a Huntington
- PACA Spring Gala – The Iconic 80’s – Sat 5/11 7-11p Dining Hall – PACA’s major fund raiser and great community celebration – Information was sent out in the mail for sponsorships and tickets *see below
- Junior Physics Trip to Kings Island – Mon 5/20
- Computer Science Fair – Wed 5/22
- Honors Assembly Fri 5/24 930a Mack Gym and Senior Family Reception 1030a Dining Hall *Advisor/KBuddy/Video presentations
- NO SCHOOL – Memorial Day – Mon 5/27
- Final Exams Tue 5/28 10a Science, Wed 5/29 10a World Language, Thu 5/30 8a? Math, Fri 5/31 Make Ups
- Surprise Senior All Day Party – Mon 6/3 1230-1030p *invite coming
- Class Appeals Tests – Fri 5/31 or Wed 6/5
- College Counseling Field Trip – Denison & OSU Tours – Tue 6/4
- Commencement Rehearsal – Wed 6/5 10a
- Commencement – Thu 6/6 9a
- Final Grades – Wed 6/12 330p
Blood Drive Details
When: Monday, April 22, 1:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Where: Jones/Mack Gyms near Athletic Lobby
Donor Sign-up Link:https://www.redcrossblood.org/give.html/drive-results?zipSponsor=Columbus%20Academy
Who can donate: Anyone 16+ who meets the eligibility requirements (see below). If you are 16, have your parents fill out the parental consent form. Donors need to bring their driver’s licenses.
The Red Cross has partnered with HBO and the Game of Thrones.
- Sweepstakes: All presenting donors April 1-30, 2019, will automatically be entered for a chance to win a full-size Iron Throne from HBO’s Game of Thrones.* Terms and conditions apply and can be accessed here.
- Posters: All presenting donors April 11-30, 2019, will receive a commemorative Bleed For The Throne poster, while supplies last**, AND will automatically be entered in the above-mentioned sweepstakes. Note: there will be five different poster designs, which design donors receive will be random.
PACA Spring Gala
The invites are out and CA will be exploding with the 80s on May 11th! The Spring Gala will feature the popular 80s band, The Reaganomics. We will have totally awesome food and drinks, old-school arcade, gnarly silent auction items, photo booth, wine wall, raffle and WNCI’s Kelsey Webb as MC! Be there or be square…
Senior Video – *PLEASE GATHER AND SEND*
April 17th: FINAL DEADLINE for Senior Video photos
As a reminder we’re looking for a baby/toddler and a current photo. Current photos do not need to be professional but we’ve been encouraged to choose photos that best showcase your student.
Upload Link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/IhmZjuwP8tvMkJCxGcDC
- Drag and Drop your files (can do both photos at once) OR Click “Choose Files” and locate them on your computer to upload.
- It will then prompt you to put in a First and Last Name: Please put FIRST AND LAST NAME of your STUDENT.
- Enter email for your upload confirmation (no other emails will be sent to you from Dropbox).
- Hit “Upload”.
- Once uploaded, the screen will say “Thanks! You’re all done.” It will ask you to create a Dropbox account, you do NOT have to do this.
- Note: if you have an existing dropbox account you will need to sign out of it to add your student’s name.
Service Hours – make sure they are all in – 45h outside/5h inside CA
Commencement Attire – have approved with school
Graduation Parties Calendar – check dates and times as you plan to allow students to make it to all the celebrations – generally all students are invited to all fellow grad parties – parents may get personalized invitations for family friends.